Finally there is available a Rusyn-English dictionary designed for those interested in studying this newest codi ed Slavic language. This is the perfect guide for introductory language courses and for those who wish to learn Rusyn on their own.
The Rusyn Language Picture Dictionary features:
- over 450 basic words arranged according to 21 themes dealing with everyday life, one’s natural surroundings, and school
- each word accompanied by full-color photographs of the object being depicted
- each word rendered in Rusyn—both in the Cyrillic and Roman (English) alphabet—followed by its equivalent in English and Slovak
- each Rusyn multi-syllable word provided with stress to indicate the appropriate accent
- the Rusyn variant based on the literary standard from the Prešov Region in Slovakia